Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Before I Go


Before I Go

Before I grow too frail and weak,
And all that’s left is peace in sleep

I know you’ll do what must be done
To end this fight that can’t be won.

I don’t fear death as humans do,
So let me try to comfort you.

Come, let’s take a quiet stroll
And share some quietness, soul to soul

No need for words ‘tween you and I,
No need to say a last Good-bye.

We’ve grown so close in mind and heart,
It seems so cruel that we must part.

Be sure I’ll sense the pain you’ll feel,
Without me walking at our heel.

The days will seem full of despair,
Your “Sunshine” simply won’t be there.

In time the pain will slowly wane,
You’ll think of me and smile again.

Now take me where my needs they’ll tend
And stay with me until the end.

Hold me close with soft Good-byes
Until life’s bright light has left my eyes.

The final sound I need to hear
Is your soft voice upon my ear.

Your loving face will fade and dim
As the rush of heaven closes in.

And when you start your journey home,
I’ll be right behind, you are not alone.

Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment