Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Thought of You Like Always

I thought of you today, Montana. It isn't anything new. I think about you every day. I miss the softness of your fur. The way it felt under my hands. When I would hug you I would put my face in your fur and inhale deeply. I wanted to smell your fur. You smelled so good. Never had that doggy smell. You have been in my dreams a lot lately. It seems whenever I close my eyes I see you. I don't want to forget anything about you. My boy. You and Bailey were/are my life. You were the two good things I had in my life. We were together 24/7 when we lived in MI and NC. Then we moved to VA and I had to get a job. I hated leaving you two 9 hrs a day. I couldn't wait to get home to you both. When I would get to the drive way I got so excited. I loved the way you both would greet me. You usually would be in the bedroom laying on your bed but when I opened the door you would be running to see me. As the arthritis got worse you would slow down but always got up to greet me. I miss the times you would take your paw and paw at my knee to get my attention. You always wanted attention on your terms. As you got older it seemed you were more affectionate. When we first got you you would never wag your tail. I never thought anything of it until the day you did. I remember giving you the biggest hug and tears were running down my face. I told you that you were such a good boy and that I loved you so much! I just miss your presence. Always knowing you were there. The house seems so empty. I left your bed where it was until I put it under Bailey's last month. I wanted to keep everything the same. I didn't want to change anything. It would mean that you weren't with me any more. But you aren't with me physically. Only in my heart and dreams. I miss you so much my baby boy!

The last picture of us together. August 7, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment